2.20.2009

Mercenary

Yesterday I remembered another aspect of my developing career. I want to be a Mercenary and I think I am well on my way. After hitching a ride from Olympia to Bellingham I offered my services for a tree planting operation. Thursday morning I showed up ate my rationed breakfast and then hit the front lines. 30 Fruit trees later, they gave me my lunch, and 25 berry bushes after that I got a ride back home. A fair trade. While I was deep in the trenches, I plotted my course... Hired mercenary to special forces to commandante to community leader to local politics to mayor of the city at which point I pass a proposal by which the city hires a sheperd to graze sheep across the parks and lawns and keep the city well trimmed. I nominate myself and assume the position where I live out the rest of my days, tending a flock.

No comments: