12.12.2008

HybriDesign

Culture shock cuts deep.  Metaphysical deep, like a snake eating its own tail.  Nevertheless, there are lessons to be learned from all of this and learn them I will.


With that in mind, I am revisiting my native homeland but with a new pair of eyes.  Old habits, old friends and old haunts are all offering new ideas and new opportunities.  But I am also bearing witness to the bigger picture and it hurts to look at...

I've just spent 9+ months in a microculture of self relience, holistic perspectives and regenerative relationships.  I've just been dropped into the reality of America where the aforementioned qualities are scarce at best.  It has come to my attention just how much my thinking has evolved, and how critical it is to remember where I started and the path I took. 

As fun as it is to preach to the choir, it is my intent to help those who need it the most.  To do so,  I must fluidly move between these two worlds.  I must develop a hybrid dialect to communicate the values and needs of each to the other.  What this sounds like... I have no idea.  Write me, call me, talk to me and we can work on it together. Until then, Namaste'.

No comments: